Stand Agency has been appointed by the Engineering Development Trust. EDT is a charity that works to enhance experiences for young people within STE(A)M (science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics) through the Industrial Cadets programme. By working with education, employers and partners, Industrial Cadets creates a talent pipeline and a future skilled workforce, whilst helping young people to develop the skills they need to enter industry with confidence.
Here are some of our latest obsessions, successes and joys.
Whether it’s protecting the planet or challenges to social mobility for young people, music has always been a great platform for highlighting issues people care about. We saw examples of this on the main stage at Glastonbury this year, with appearances from Sir David Attenborough and Stormzy.
During Stormzy’s performance, as the first British black male solo artist to headline Glastonbury, he played a speech by Labour MP David Lammy deploring the challenges that face black, Asian and minority people in the UK.
National music charity Youth Music knows just how life changing a creative outlet can be for young people living in disadvantaged communities across England. Read more “Exchanging Notes – From South London to the Pyramid Stage”
This week Stand Agency joined a community of PR agencies and individuals across the world who practice Impact Relations – a fast-growing communications discipline that supports the work of pioneering businesses and organisations who are driven by purpose as well as profit.
Not for a long time (ever?) has there been a better time to get traction behind a campaign tackling climate change. The recent hype has led to a renewed interest in the topic and a building sense of urgency. The environment is officially trending.
I was recently a guest on the PRCA Podcast, aptly named PRcast and hosted by the very lovely Isobel Arrowsmith and Harry Gardiner.
We are looking for a tenacious Senior Account Executive. They will have at least two years of relevant work experience and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for:
- a confident communicator and excellent writer with the ability to coach more junior members of the agency
- a well-rounded team player, who will take every opportunity to deliver amazing results and perform to the highest level
- in-depth understanding of all types of traditional and social media
- the skills to be the community manager for social channels and become news hounds who are constantly on-top of the media agenda.
The role will involve:
- managing client projects and supporting other team members
- generating excellent media coverage and digital content
- writing a range of copy
- attending client meetings
- developing creative ideas, writing content briefs and offering guidance on audio-visual content
- getting involved in pitches, proposals and new business documents
- tracking budgets
- providing insights and analytics to clients on their social channels
- helping to build Stand’s profile via the trade press, social media and events.
For a full job description or to send us your CV and cover letter, contact email@example.com
Our amazing list of benefits include:
- Birthday off
- £250 Annual Wellness Bounty (to be spent on activities or items to improve your general wellness)
- £1000 individual Learning and Development budget
- Sabbatical option after 3 years service
- Pension contribution
- Summer Hours – 4 pm Friday finish between June- August
- 1 day off a year for volunteering
- Thirsty Thursdays (Drinks in the office every Thursday)
“Cash only”. It’s a sign I’ve seen plenty of times, and it’s been met with frustration. Finding actual cash in my purse these days is becoming more and more of a rarity.
When the fate of 1 and 2p coins was momentarily thrown into doubt the other week, I felt certain that we were on our way to a cashless society. The news came alongside an announcement that a branch of Sainsburys in London had taken the decision to remove all tills in its refurb (80% of transactions in their store were now cashless), free ATMs were reported to be in decline and RBS became the first to offer card payment by fingerprint.
The revenue generated through social media advertising spend in the UK is expected to grow by 12% a year. No surprise given the past 10 years development; both in the platforms themselves and how people use them.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Digital Associate Director or Digital Director to join Stand Agency’s senior team. You’ll be a key contributor to the development of Stand at a time of ambitious growth for the agency.