Not for a long time (ever?) has there been a better time to get traction behind a campaign tackling climate change. The recent hype has led to a renewed interest in the topic and a building sense of urgency. The environment is officially trending.
Here are some of our latest obsessions, successes and joys.
I was recently a guest on the PRCA Podcast, aptly named PRcast and hosted by the very lovely Isobel Arrowsmith and Harry Gardiner.
We are looking for a tenacious Senior Account Executive. They will have at least two years of relevant work experience and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for:
- a confident communicator and excellent writer with the ability to coach more junior members of the agency
- a well-rounded team player, who will take every opportunity to deliver amazing results and perform to the highest level
- in-depth understanding of all types of traditional and social media
- the skills to be the community manager for social channels and become news hounds who are constantly on-top of the media agenda.
The role will involve:
- managing client projects and supporting other team members
- generating excellent media coverage and digital content
- writing a range of copy
- attending client meetings
- developing creative ideas, writing content briefs and offering guidance on audio-visual content
- getting involved in pitches, proposals and new business documents
- tracking budgets
- providing insights and analytics to clients on their social channels
- helping to build Stand’s profile via the trade press, social media and events.
For a full job description or to send us your CV and cover letter, contact email@example.com
Our amazing list of benefits include:
- Birthday off
- £250 Annual Wellness Bounty (to be spent on activities or items to improve your general wellness)
- £1000 individual Learning and Development budget
- Sabbatical option after 3 years service
- Pension contribution
- Summer Hours – 4 pm Friday finish between June- August
- 1 day off a year for volunteering
- Thirsty Thursdays (Drinks in the office every Thursday)
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Digital Associate Director or Digital Director to join Stand Agency’s senior team. You’ll be a key contributor to the development of Stand at a time of ambitious growth for the agency.
Over the last six months, campaigns by big brands have become much more political. This is unsurprising, as everything is getting more political with Brexit and Trump dominating the news space. But it’s also down to the rise of social media.
I was lucky enough to head to the AllBright Club for a talk hosted by the Women’s Prize for Fiction’s founder, Kate Mosse. Kate was joined by Cathy Newman, Channel 4 broadcaster to celebrate the launch of her first book Bloody Brilliant Women.
Up and down the country young people are currently undertaking their Duke of Edinburgh’s Award. They might not be embracing the frost and heading out for expedition practice quite yet, but thousands are volunteering their time to support their local community, or focusing on learning a new skill. I clearly remember doing my own DofE – helping out in a care home, learning to ride a horse, and I don’t think I’ll ever forget the pure endurance of a leaking tent followed by a long hike.
I’m sure we’ve all been here. It’s the end of a long week and Friday night consists of a film and an app-and-tap takeaway. Food, done. But picking the right film can be tricky. Not only because my partner wants to see Thor: Ragnarok, and I’m in the mood for gritty British drama, but due to the amount of choice we’re presented with at the touch of a button.
US Vogue is featuring AI influencers in its September issue, which has provided the perfect excuse to talk about one of the stranger trends to come out of Instagram, and my latest obsession, Lil Miquela – the AI influencer that has garnered 1.3 million followers on Instagram.
As champions for older people’s legal rights, Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE) wanted to make the UK aware that, although many of us are living longer, healthier lives, more of us are facing conditions like dementia that may one day limit our own decision-making abilities. Most importantly, many of us are facing these conditions without the necessary plans in place, meaning highly personal decisions are often left in the hands of strangers. Read more “Our latest campaigns: Starting the conversation that no one wants to have”